Merg pe strada catre Mine...
Daca locuiesti in Madrid acest job poate fi o oportunitate pentru tine sa iti maresti veniturile.
Puteti aplica aici:
Home Critic in Madrid
Job title: Home Critic
Application Deadline: 13th March 2019
The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best vacation homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, accepting only the top 1%. We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched three years ago in London. Since then, we have grown at 15-20% month on month, expanded to six cities, vetted over 100,000 homes and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damelin (Founder of Wonga), Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more. At the end of 2017, we raised a £6M Series A round from world-class VCs Octopus Group and BGF.
We’re launching our global rollout strategy, and need to quickly systematise this machine so we can open a city a month by next year. This is where you come in.
Home Critics are Plum’s superheroes. They put every home and host that applies to Plum, through the Plum Home Test. This is how we guarantee the quality of every home in the Collection.
You’ll visit the homes and conduct a 1.5 to 3 hour test, depending on the size of the home. You’ll interview the host, rate the home on over 150 criteria, create a floor plan, and decide whether it passes or fails. You’ll then create the content that powers the beautiful listings, on our site.This is a freelance position. Most Home Critics do between 4 and 8 tests a week – and we ask for at least 3 months’ commitment to apply.
What you'll be up to
Why be a Home Critic
- Visiting some of the most beautiful vacation homes in your city. We will expect you to conduct between 4 and 10 tests per week.
- Interviewing the hosts of these homes and making sure they’re up to Plum’s hospitality standards.
- Meticulously collecting over 150 pieces of information about each home. This includes things like shower height and pressure, bed sheet thread-count, noise decibel levels, and wifi signal.
- Creating a floor plan, using software installed on an tablet.
- Building the content to create the home listings. This includes:
- 100 words summarising the home
- Identifying and writing 6 home highlights
- Home truths which identify certain negative aspects of the home
- Area recommendations (restaurants, cafes, attractions etc nearby)
- Giving the photographer and stylist guidance on what features to capture during the photoshoot.
- Dialling in to training sessions on a semi-regular basis to give feedback on the testing criteria and to learn about updated standards or requirements.
- Building the Plum brand and culture in Madrid and helping make it a success!
- You’ll also be invited to global meetings with the whole Plum community to learn about the company and from the wider community.
Hours & Compensation
- Learn about curation and hospitality. We’re building a unique and fascinating formula for the perfect stay based on art, science, and data
- Work flexibly - you can complete your tests at home, or working from a cafe
- Get paid to explore incredible homes and meet amazing hosts
- Explore your city anew and from a fresh perspective - you’ll regularly spend time in the best neighbourhoods
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture. We’re building an amazing place to work where everyone is learning and challenging themselves.
- Opportunities to grow into new roles - some of our Home Critics in London have been recruited for office-based roles or special projects
You will be paid between €50 and €80 per test, depending on the size of the home. We estimate each test will take between 1.5 to 3 hours.
All candidates must complete the application process consisting of a questionnaire, video submission and interview.
Those who make it to and are successful in the interview will be engaged in the following process:
- Week of 27th March: remote training via video conference (estimated total time of 6 hours)
- Week of 1st April: beginning of a trial period, lasting 4 weeks
- Week of 29th April: The Head of Collection for Madrid will visit the city and meet successful candidates
Even though this is a freelance role, it’s very important to our service. So we take it seriously and we’re looking for people who are up to the challenge. Please get in touch if you are:
- Committed: you can commit at least 3 months to this job and 8 hours per week
- Passionate about design and hospitality: you have an opinion about what’s good enough, and what isn’t. You can spot flat-packed furniture, or a stain on the wall from a mile away and believe guests deserve better
- Efficient and organised: you have high standards but can get the job done quickly - we have ambitious growth targets and need home critics to submit their tests on time
- Good with people: you’re a people-person and find meeting and getting to know new people easy - you regularly get told you make a great first impression
- A fluent English and Spanish speaker: you are fluent in both English and Spanish, so you can communicate effectively with our Spanish hosts and with our HQ team, based in London
- A good writer in English and Spanish: you have good written ability in both English and Spanish, and can write in descriptive detail about homes or travel experiences
- Punctual: you’re organised and always on time for appointments and meetings.
- Empathetic: you’re empathetic and can put yourself in others’ shoes. You can imagine what’s important to guests, especially tourists (even if they’re not the same demographic as you).
- A good judge of character: you’re good at reading people and could understand whether someone would be a caring and attentive host
- An expert on Madrid: you’re always in the know about the best places to eat, must-see galleries and exhibitions, and the top neighbourhoods
- A tablet owner: you own a tablet (or are prepared to purchase one for the job)
Puteti aplica aici: